The Rutland May Days parade is one of the longest running parades in the Okanagan, and this year we are celebrating our 60th year! Get ready to line the streets of Rutland Road, Hartman Road, and Shepherd road on Saturday, May 18th. Parade will start at 11:00 AM sharp!
This year we are celebrating our community’s culture. We are so lucky to be apart of a diverse and amazing community in Rutland and all of Kelowna. This year we are hoping to attract many local societies, clubs, organizations, businesses, and groups in order to organize an unforgettable parade!
Whether you are enjoying the parade or participating in the parade, our goal is simple. We want everyone to enjoy the experience.
What to Expect as a Parade Participant
If you’re interested in entering in what we hope to be the best parade ever, than please fill out the parade application form at the bottom of this page.
Parade assembly and marshalling area is at Hartman Dog Park Parking Lot. The Parade Committee will have a map of the Lineup and Dispersal Area. Please inform all members of your party where to meet once position and map is picked up.
What to Bring:
- A well decorated float or vehicle - please ensure you are decorating your vehicles well and safely as this is a parade!
- A team of two or more people per each submission
- One team captain for each submission
- All Parade participants must send a Captain to a brief but mandatory orientation prior to line-up, Time and Date to be announced.
- A smile - and ready to participate in one of the Okanagan's longest running parades!
General Rule and Regulations
ALL ENTRIES MUST CHECK IN AT THE PARADE REGISTRATION ON HARTMAN ROAD
- Entry forms must be submitted with payment no later than May 15th, 2019
- Your position in the parade will determined by the Parade Committee or Sponsorship level
- Your parade position number will be available at the Registration Table on the day of the parade.
- All oats and special interest vehicles must be in the assembly area and in position 9:45 am.
- Judging will start at 10:30 am and will cease at 11:00 am, when the parade begins.
- Maximum height for oats is 13 feet (3.9M)
- All animal entries MUST BE PREPARED TO SUPPLY THEIR OWN POOPER-SCOOPERS for the assembly area and parade,
- or they will not be allowed in the parade.
- ** Animal entries MUST include proof of insurance as part of their application. **
- Smoking is not permitted in the parade.
- Parade Marshals reserve the right to refuse entry to any unsuitably decorated floats or vehicles. They reserve the right to refuse entry to or pull from the parade oats or vehicles which, in their opinion, would constitute a safety hazard to the Parade. This includes having reason to believe the driver or participants are impaired in any way.
WHAT NOT TO DO & SAFETY CONSIDERATIONS
- Do not throw anything - this includes candies to parade watchers.
- All giveaways must be handed out directly to the crowds this is for everyone’s safety
- A Distance of 20 feet (6.1M) must be maintained between Parade units.
- Units creating unnecessary gaps may be removed from the Parade.
A FORWARD MOTION MUST BE MAINTAINED – THIS WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED.